Nestled peacefully on a private, leafy block near the centre of Bathurst is this circa 1920's federation cottage which oozes charm and character from the moment you approach the paved pathway leading to the bullnose verandah. An extension in the 1990's has added further living spaces to complete this tightly-held gorgeous property.
* Private battle-axe location a mere two blocks' away from Bathurst's town centre.
* Formal lounge with 9 foot ceiling, slow combustion wood fire, timber mantle and stained glass window.
* Main bedroom with polished timber floors, 9 foot ceiling, fireplace, picture rails and stained glass window.
* Skylights welcome an abundance of natural light into the heart of the home where the kitchen and formal dining room are located.
* The dining room features polished timber floors, 9 foot ceiling, fireplace, picture rails and stained glass window.
* The polished floorboards continue through the country-style kitchen which combines old with new via the 'Metters' slow combustion stove (in immaculate condition) as well as a conventional oven with electric cooktop.
* A timber panelled ceiling with stained glass skylights makes the kitchen an absolute pleasurable space to cook and entertain.
* Combined bathroom/laundry with shower, laundry tub and ample storage.
* A glass breezeway leads from the original cottage to the rest of the home which includes; two more bedrooms (with built-in robes), sitting room or home office and well appointed bathroom with shower, bath, toilet and vanity.
* Convenient second toilet positioned off the laundry.
* Reverse-cycle, split-system air-conditioner.
* Not one, but two character-filled garden/potting sheds.
* Beautifully maintained garden beds front and back, including working lamp-post and eye-catching water feature.
* Secure gated yard leads to large carport (5.6m x 4.3m)
If you desire living within Bathurst's town centre but also long for a private haven, then call David now to arrange a private viewing of this spectacular property.